Sunday, September 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELYONA

 


 


This blog is about a week late but I could not let my Ellie's day go by without a special blog.

September 11, 1997. This day my world started spinning in another direction. I had the most precious thing placed in my arms and was told that she was mine. I put my all into that little bundle. She was bathed 2 or 3 times a day, dressed like a doll even if we were staying at home, she was meticulously trained to our commands to which she obeyed very well, every detail of her life was thought about and prayed over.

On her 4th birthday, 9/11/01, we woke up to a new bike, birthday pancakes, birthday phone calls from all the cousins and the unforgettable birthday terrorist attack. Being a new 4 year old, she was so mature. She seemed to have so much understanding that day at what was happening. I told her that day that her birthday would be remembered by the whole world for the rest of her life. She thought that it was cool. She was super responsible at 4. I didn't realize it much then but now that I have had many four year old I understand what a gift God gave me in her. She was a whiz kid then too. She could memorize any verse I could throw out to her. She began reading soon after her forth birthday as well and progressed in her education rapidly with joy.

Well now my baby girl is growing up and is changing everyday. I look back at how much time I put into her and wish I could do that much for all the others but I think God had a plan for Ellie even when she was being trained at 12 months old. You see Ellie is more responsible than most anyone I know. I can trust her with any task. Now she is still a little girl who likes to sing, dance, play dress up and make belief but she has always been able to go from being a little girl to my biggest helper in a snap. She is my best friend. I can talk to her about everything and I trust that she will keep my secrets much better than I probably keep hers. I am having to change the way I think about Ellie now. She is growing up and becoming a person of her own. She has opinions about things and her own likes and tastes. We have been discussing if and when we sould send her to school. She would like to but then again she likes it at home with us too. We have started to talk about SAT scores and college, drivers license and buying a car, her first job, her wedding and her own children. She has her own thoughts on all these things. How exciting to watch her become a young woman.

She is also changing spiritually. Her faith has to start becoming her own. Soon she will have to deal with sin as not offending mama and daddy but her spirit will really start feeling the pain of offending a Holy God. I want to see her grow in the Lord. I long to see my prayers fulfilled in her walk with Him.

Ellie is a special person. For her birthday she wanted Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on DVD and BrainAge for her DS. She is such a nerd. Her mamaw called and wanted to know what she wanted and after thinking about it for a while she called back with her request...to spend the day alone with her mawmaw.

Ellie I hope you have had an enjoyable birthday and I love you!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Terrells said...

She is beautiful!! Happy birthday Ellie! Miss you guys!

Lisa said...

SO sweet Alicia. I hope Ellie had a great birthday....and I think she is pretty special too!

Unknown said...

that was so sweet. She sounds like a really special person with a really special mother.

Jessica said...

What a sweet post for a very special young lady!
Happy Birthday Ellie!

John said...

Ok Alicia:

Does this mean you plan to write an awesome blog post every time your kids have birthdays? Ha.
I am so glad to have been able to watch Ellie grow and change. She is lovely and I am so glad that as a mother you have stopped to take time to think about how special she is. Sometimes we get so busy in just surviving the day that we take our older kids for granted.

Stacey

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet girl you have!

Love the new look of your blog.