Friday, August 1, 2008

Mastitis Woes

I've noticed that I have not put up many pics in a while but I am sorry, you aren't getting one of this either.

I have developed mastitis. It is so painful. I have never had it before and I am so thankful that this is the first and hopefully only time that I will. Judson decided Saturday that he would only nurse a few minutes before humming, singing and biting. He did this all day. I did develop a lot of excess milk but GOOD NIGHT, not enough to develop this pain in the ying yang. Today is the first day in three that I have felt like living. We did survive with the help of Melanie, who got my antibiotics and Jennifer who came one day to feed the children lunch, make supper, do some house work and give my children something to do other than babysit. The children were so thoughtful though. We had a few fun things planned that we had to skip out on but they were very understanding. I have to brag on them a little. I woke up one time and found Mary-Grace changing Judson's dirty diaper and doing a very good job. She even remembered his diaper rash cream and to wash her hands. Today they cleaned the entire house VERY GOOD, they even mopped and changed the sheets. They bathed up the boys and right now I have a wonderful hot supper waiting on me that they alone prepared... chicken, green beans, potatoes, and rolls. I am so proud of them. Last night when they thought that my fever would never break, they, with their daddy, prayed for me. I looked up and saw Jadon holding my hand, with his little eyes closed, begging Jesus to heal his mama. I love my family. They mean so much to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

get well soon! praying for you

Aimee said...

I know its not funny, I have had mastitis and its a beast. But, I just had this picture of your whole family sitting around the bed praying for mom's boob to heal. I can't help laugh.

Oh, the things we will suffer and endure for the sake of our children.

Hope you feel better soon. I am so sorry. I know how you feel.

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you Alicia. I can only imagine how painful that is. You do have a wonderful family.

Anna Lee Weathers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Lee Weathers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

Oh gee, I haven't had mastitis yet, but I hear is is terrible. Just terrible. So sorry you had to struggle through it, but I am thankful that your family pulled together to keep things running so you could get better.

I hope you are feeling much better by now sis, and that your kids are still being super sweet!
Stacey