Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mike Rogers For Congress

We made it to TV !!! OK, so it's not Jon and Kate Plus 8. It's not even like those notorious ALFA quads but it is TV. I was sorta hoping my first TV experience would be Extreme Home makeover but I was thrilled when we were asked to be in a Mike Rogers for Congress commercial. It was about high gas prices effect on large families.

We were to meet at a gas station in Saks at 2:40pm. Great, I had all day to get everyone dressed and ready for TV. I had my list finely tuned so that everything would be perfect by 2:40, everything from drying hair to washing the van and even working Judson's schedule so that he would nurse at the perfect time. At 10:05am as my family is slowly starting into our list and beginning baths in a relaxed, non rushed way THEY CALL. They are wonderfully ahead of schedule and need us there at 11:30. AHHHH!!!I ask for 30 extra minutes and start into my drill sergeant mode. We did make it but it was nothing like the way I had planned. Actually I had made a much bigger deal out of it then what I needed to. The kids basically just had to run around and I had to look sad and frustrated. I still think they fooled me and it was really a pro-choice commercial.

We did meet Mike and he bought the kids candy. We had our picture made but I don't have it yet. I have no idea when it will be on TV so if y'all see it let me know.
It was tons of fun and I think I can even count it as a school day. YEA!!! 10 down 150 to go, but who's counting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're famous!!

Jessica said...

Wow we go to church with some famous people...can I have an autograph?
And let me just say that I am sooo impressed that you were able to get everyone ready that quickly...I could not have done it!