Sunday, December 14, 2008

Choir Concerts and A Humbling Dedication

 

K-6th grade choir
 

pre-school choir

Today was our Home school Choir Christmas Concert. They all did such a great job. It is amazing how much talent is that little choir. Most of those children have a special talent in music so, this choir may give us some exciting shows in the near future. This time they sang a few hymns and some carols. Bailey sang a solo in The First Noel... she sounded so sweet. My favorite part was all those toothless grins. Most of them were missing at least 1 or 2.

The preschoolers also sang a few of their songs they do in Sing, Spell, Read, and Write (our Co-Op preschool program). They were so cute. Each of them got to hold the mic and sing thru the numbers song. Jadon remembered all the words to the shapes song which was a worry since he is the loudest one. Today he blended in better than I expected. He wore his new suit and tie. He says that it is his "Christian" suit. Who knows where he got that one.

Today we also dedicated Judson to the Lord. We have several of these dedications a year at our church but Carlton always makes each one of them so special. Of course my family can't do anything without having a story to go along with it. I spent forever picking out clothes so that we would all match since the whole family would be on stage. We were all in our Christmas black and red, suit and tie best. Half way through the dedication, as I am holding the squirming Judson, I discover that 3 out of 4 of my dress buttons are unbuttoned. OMG! And if that wasn't bad enough, Jadon tee-teed on himself while standing on stage. Thankfully he never acted as if he had to go, he just went and as soon as we left the stage he told me, and no one noticed my 3 unbuttoned buttons. Isn't it funny how I took all that time to make my family presentable because I knew we were going to be called up on stage only for it to backfire on me and leave me laughing at myself in embarrassment. God does humble the proud, doesn't he?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Hey, I know I will see you in the morning, but I suspect getting a comment on your blog is like getting a letter in the mail...a highlight of the day. The dedication went well despite what we couldn't see from the pews. Judson was so happy and sweet in his little bow tie! Stop freaking out! God is in control, I will pray for you.

Jessica said...

Pictures are great! Sounds like you guys had a great day Sunday :)
Isn't it funny how our kids always see to it that things never goes as planned (but somehow it all works out just as it is supposed too)