Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blessings of a full life /Meals

This week has once again brought a life of sweet, blessed busyness. Many of you know that my sister and her husband has been dealing with the lingering process of the death of David's dad. After 2 weeks of ups and downs, hopes and disappointments, frustrations and anger, Papa Jake went home to be with his creator. Death is always ugly and never truly ready for.

This week I had the privilege of being mama to eleven children. Of course we still have Murren, who is schooling well and fitting into our world quite well considering her little world is upside down. We also had the Harmon's 3 younger ones. We schooled, played, laughed and cried together. We had a big surprise birthday party for Eric. Daddy was so excited to come home to a table full of good food, cheese cake, presents and 11 smiling faces. As we all held hands and prayed, thanking God for daddy's 35 years we were also thanking him for Papa Jake's homecoming. I loved what my table looked like tonight. It was so full of ... LIFE.

This week had difficult moments but I was able to serve those who were in most need of my service. Thank you David and Melanie, and Holly and John for letting my family borrow your children, letting us love on them as if they were our own. I have counted my busy week as such a blessing.

Mama, just a warning, 11 children fit in our house and around our table very comfortably....hmmm?? (my heart is leading me to Africa)


This weeks Meals
Chicken Marsalis
Tacos
Black beans and rice
tuna salad
navy beans, corn, turnip greens, corn bread
baked potatoes
pizza

4 comments:

John said...

Eleven children! Oh my! But they say the more the merrier, right?

I am glad you enjoyed your time with them instead of complaining about the extra work....Sorry to hear about David's dad too. We still miss John's mother, and just lost his grandmother 2 weeks ago, so we are familiar with the emotional ups and downs and just plain missing someone.
Do you do a veggie meal each week on purpose? Just wondering, I have considered that too, but haven't made it a habit yet.

Stacey

The Davis Family said...

Actually, My family would eat dry beans and garden veggies everyday. Its one of their favorites but I get tired of it and try to add some variety. We are able to eat more meat stuff now because My step dad stocked our fridge with deer meat. Its not my fav. either but it is free.

Sarah Lavender said...

Hey girl! I have been following your blog for a while from a link from Amanda Bradfield's. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I finally stepped into blog world...here is my link
http://www.thelavenderfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

See ya!
Jennifer Lavender

Unknown said...

I am looking at your blog and I'm ready for an update on the Davis family!!!!!!! :)