Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Catching up

A while since my last post, I know. It has been a busy few weeks. Let me quickly catch you all up. My free time is still sparse so be patient as I try to keep up with "blog world".

*Christmas was wonderful. Too many gifts but overall a joyful time. Although Judson got an infection in his eye for a few days. We tried ourselves to remove the conformer to no avail which landed us at the eye foundation ER so that they could remove the conformer and treat the infection. HORRIBLE experience. Screaming, metal hooks, blood stained tears, and exhaustion.

*After Christmas we did "winter cleaning". We scrubbed floors, cabinets, toilets, and just really cleaned up our house good. WHEW. You all know I loved that. The feeling of a clean house is wonderful.

*Judson started cutting teeth with low grade fever and misery.

*More holiday gatherings with Eric's family. Fun Fun.

*Judson developed pneumonia and is still miserable. He ran of some degree of fever from the day before Christmas to Jan 3rd. He is still not well. He will not eat and is constantly slipping into dehydration. He cries hours on end and then crashes with exhaustion. I believe he should have been hospitalized but seeing as no pediatricians were on call through the holidays he was only seen by clinic Drs. Now I am trying to decide if he needs to be seen again by the Ped. or do like the clinic DR said and just give it a few days for him to recover. What to do???

*I started weight watchers. I usually do well on diets and loose my weight. The problem has been that I always gained it back and more with each pregnancy. That will not be happening again so hopefully all will go well.

*School is up and running again and going great so far.

*We have added one to our crew. A friend is having to go thru radiation treatments for 6 weeks and her daughter (6yrs, 1st grade) will be staying and schooling with us during that time. This makes my plate very full but I am praying that God will give me strength, wisdom, grace, and patience. I really want to help and I know that it is best for my friend if her dd can remain in one place then to be carted from here to there.

Gotta go. Life is so busy right now. But I love it. Down time depresses me.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

STAY OFF THE METH! Just kidding!If I had your schedule I would HAVE to take something to keep me going!Let me know if you need any help! Talk about depressed, all this rain makes me depressed! When will it end?

Jessica said...

My goodness lady! I agree with Jennifer, I too would have to take something to do all that you do!
I am so sorry that Judson has been having such a difficult time and that there are no easy answers.
Admiring all that you do lady!
Jessica