Friday, July 18, 2008

Squealing Happy

You've been there right. When you are so happy you just want to squeal like a little girl and believe me, they do squeal. My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving once again. Yesterday a dear friend, who having read my blog, knew the week I'd had, decided to lavish me with a gift that I do not deserve. She gave me a "Spa Package" to Monet...manicure, pedicure, and a 1 hour massage. I have no way to let her know how thankful I truly am. You know those times when words just aren't enough, even an invite to dinner in return is such a small gesture to show another a thankful heart. It is not just the spa package that I am thankful for. I am thankful that she ,first of all, has a giving heart and had already set money aside to be used to give as the Lord would lead. Second, that she did something for me. She knew if I would have received money it would have been put on something important but never in a million years would I have thought of a spa package. So, a big fat THANK YOU is in order but is still so small.

Now that you all know why I am squealing happy I need your help. I have never in my life done anything like this before. You know me, having my hair done by a professional was a major event in my life. Monet...just the name is intimidating. The pedicure is the least stressful in my mind. I like to paint my toe nails and I am going to the beach soon so I would love to have beautiful toes at the beach. Then there is the manicure. Can I play football after having one of those? I am going to be walking around with my fingers straight as a board for a month trying to hang on to the manicure as long as I can. Now, the big stress, the massage. Ya'll, I'm nervous. I have a few questions that you may can answer for me. First, do I have to be nude. (OMG I am red just typing it) Second, I feel like I am going to walk in this place and alarms are going to go off with the announcement "Country bumpkin trying to live outside her class". Everyone is going to take one look at me and know that I drove all the way from PIEDMONT to get there. And if I have any conversation with anyone I will tell them that I have 7 children. Now I already don't fit in but now they are going to be thinking "there she is living on welfare, having one child after the next with no telling how many different men and spending her money on a massage, how dare she" Third worry, will a man be massaging me, cause you know, Eric wouldn't go for that?

Despite all my worries, I am so excited. It sounds so selfish, but only having to think of me for a couple of hours sounds so nice.

God's people are priceless. My thanksgiving list is just getting longer and longer.
11. The spa package
12. Money from a wonderful couple to take the family out. We went out to eat and to the movies. We did not have to share a community drink and no dollar menus. I could say "tell the waitress what you want". My children were so excited sitting there with their own drink and a huge plate of food. And we did not go to the drive in movie, but the real thing. Thank you friends for a great night out with the family.
13. An invite to dinner this Sunday after church. I know what a service this is. Not only are these people being hospitable, opening up their home, but they are opening it up to my family. I know we are overwhelming.
14. Feeling like family when I'm invited to go to Lisa S.'s parents house.
15. Uncle Bar and Aunt Suzie spoiling my children as only they can do.
16. Lisa giving my blogspot a makeover.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU DESERVE IT!

Yes, you will be nude, the massuse (sp?) will step out whiule you un-dress. (You can leave on your panties)

You can ask for a female. Actually, you should. It is AWKWARD if a male is doing it...(and I'm single so it would be even more awkward if you had a male)

Listen...its awesome. You may need a driver to take you home. That is how relaxed you will be. I felt drunk. RELAX!!

Lisa said...

Your welcome for the blog makeover. And this is your official "standing invitation" to my house.....all 9 of you!

Unknown said...

You would probably be amazed at the variety of people that go to places like that. I LOVE massages and you will feel like a million bucks. Yeah, ask for a lady. Lots of people don't want some man massaging them and a lot of men don't want a man massaging them. In my non-professional opinion, completely nude is best for massage. You'll have a sheet over you on the table to cover the essentials. I'm excited for you! Afterwards you will know why I said if I was a millionaire I would have a massage every now and then.

Jessica said...

YEA For ALicia!
Oh you are going to love a massage!
Everything Katy said is true. You will undress (keep panties on) but you will have a sheet over you the whole time. Ask for a female...I am with you, it would just be way too strange :) You will be woozy (is that a word?) after it so drink plenty of water before you go. Do not plan to go anywhere after it because you will be covered in oils (even your hair) but you will be so relaxed!
Oh enjoy Alicia! It is going to be fantastic!

Unknown said...

Very nice....


regards
aegan stills, songs