Thursday, May 1, 2008

A first time for everything

 


Ok, This has never happened to me. You can tell by the picture that John Mark found the scissors and had a fun time with his hair. It didn't bother me that much because I thought "hey there's a first time for everything" . But today I discover another whack of hair missing off the back of his head. Then my detective mama mode kicked in and a knew it must have been someone else. Well after extreme interrogations it is confirmed that BAILEY who is soon to be 10 cut his hair. WHAT!!!!! I still can't believe it. I don't even know how to discipline her for it. I still just look at her and scratch my head. Did I not train her well enough when she was 2 not to cut her own hair? Why would she cut his hair when she is 9. I asked her WHY??? She just said she felt like cutting something. HUH!!! I have tried to fix it but now he looks like Jim Carey on Dumb and Dumber. Maybe in a few weeks it will grow and look alright

And speaking of unruly older siblings...Elyona ran over Annalee with the lawn mower. The blade was not running so it was no more that a want-to-be go cart. But my nervous neighbor called in a tizzy wondering if she was OK. I had no idea what she was talking about. What she didn't know is that it was all a game, I found out later. Elyona was chasing her on the lawn mower and she didn't hear her say to move out of the way so she ran over her. HUH!!!!WHAT!!!! You see all my neighbors think that I allow this type of behavior. WRONG we have talked to them about lawn mower safety and only let Elyona and Bailey drive the thing around the house for fun. But Oh no they are out there chasing each other with it so all the neighbor's will have one more reason to think we are STRANGE.

Thanks for reading
Alicia
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so glad to read this....not that I am glad this stuff happened to you....just that I am glad it's not just my kiddos doing things like that. I love it!!!!! Happy Birthday Annalee!!

Lisa

Jessica said...

Oh my! I so needed this laugh! Sorry...I know it will be mine before long :) Thanks for sharing the stories.

Aimee said...

Thanks for being real. This story gave me such a mental picture of life at the Davis household. What a relief to know your kids aren't perfect. :)

Melanie Harmon said...

I just don't know what to think of parents who raise such children as that. I'm just so thankful my children are so perfect.
STOP LAUGHING!!! I just wonder what the neighbors thought of the kids making their playhouse on the roof.

John said...

A neighbor girl ran over my baby brother with her riding mower when he was 4. The blade was up thankfully, but she drug him up the driveway before she could stop and scratched up his back pretty good. Scared us all. Mom wouldn't let us play with her anymore.
Maybe riding the lawn mower 'for fun' isn't such a good idea. Borrow one of Jennifer's 4 wheelers or something....
and I think the 'haircut' is the perfect excuse to give the boy a buzz cut- great for summers! I am trying to talk Andrew and Josh into letting me buzz their hair off....since they never comb it and always look like they just got out of bed..

sorry this got long! : )
stacey

Anonymous said...

im loving this....thanks for entertaining me at work :)