Friday, May 9, 2008

Groceries for the month

  I have decided to try to buy my groceries for the month. I have tried it before and for some reason I stopped. This time I hope it works out. There are many reasons why I choose to start back. Here are a few of them. 1. I want to always have enough food in my house to be hospitable to others and not to have to plan so much in advanced if I want to have others over for a meal. 2. Gas prices!! 3. It will be a date for Eric and I (almost). We left the girls at home and we went to Quizno's and shopping with the boys. Normally when we go shopping Eric will take the kiddos to the toys or books while I shop but I must have him doing monthly shopping. I filled up 4 buggies yesterday. It was a lot of fun. 4. Hopefully it will save us money because I will not be in Wal-Mart as long or as much. You all know how that place is $$$$. 5. With a large family you never know what will come up and if I can't go do my normal grocery shopping on Thursdays then we are OUT of food and usually end up ordering pizza or fast food.

As you can see in the pics we got a few boxes of cereal bars and a few waters. You should see all the milk in the freezer. I hope it will last us the whole month. We will still have to go weekly for fresh produce, toiletries and, of course, things I forgot but, I am going to try to make this food last. We will see how it goes. I have planned for it to last until June 6. I keep you updated.

Ya'll be patient with me with this blog thing. I know it looks boring but with my blogger illiteracy and dial up service this is about as good as it gets. It took me 15 min. just to download 2 pics. And trying to upload things onto my profile and those cute little side dealies, No Way is that happening. I waited 30 min. to put my pic on my profile and it never did anything. FRUSTRATING

Thanks for reading

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

planning for a month's worth of food would be tough I think. I plan for a week at a time and my friend Leah plans for two weeks at a time.

Anonymous said...

UNREAL

jengallahar said...

Alicia, I am so glad to find you. I just found your link through another friend. What wonderful children! Last time I saw you there were 4 I think. What a blessing to have them all. I hope to keep in touch with you.
Jennifer Gallahar (Nursing School and Lactation)