Thursday, May 22, 2008

I've Been Tagged & Open House

OK here goes
10 years ago...Eric and I were 1 month away from celebrating our 2nd anniversary, Elyona was 8 months old and I was 4 months pregnant with Bailey. Life was easy.

5 Things I need to do...
1. Spend some quality time with my husband other than watching American Idol.
2. HANG MY VANITY (Lisa S., Why didn't you do that for me today?)
3. Multiplication drills with Bailey, reading with Mary-Grace and Annalee, and some preschool with Jadon
4. Read my book that I've have had checked out for 3 weeks and am only on chapter 6. It's a good book too!!!
5. Spend time with the Lord of any kind...prayer, bible, singing...you name it, I need to do it.
6. Yes I am adding one... HOUSEWORK...but that's continuous isn't it.

5 Favorite snacks
1. Prestige Chocolate Almond ice cream YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!
2. Monterrey Jack Cheez-Its
3. Chips with sausage cheese dip
4. Chocolate covered nuts
5. Homemade Strawberry bread

If I were a billionaire...I would pay off my debt, buy a 8 bedroom house with an indoor, in ground pool, with lots of land. I would also have one of those one room school houses with a computer built into every desk and tons of books surrounding the room. I would hire a maid sorta like Alice but I would take care of my own children. I would adopt from orphans from a few countries. I would want Eric to quit Honda and either go into ministry full time or to seminary. I would then put some in the bank to live off of and in trust the rest to my elders to use how they see fit.

5 Bad Habits
1. Overeating (can you tell?)
2. Obsessing over my messy house
3. Complaining
4. Talking too much
5. "working" on my children and not "loving" on them

5 Jobs I've had
Well that's a short list. I was a church secretary for Gladeview Baptist for a while. That was after I graduated nursing school and before I had Ellie. Then she came along and I became a mama.

5 places I've lived

1. Anniston Beach Rd
2. House in East Anniston
3. Parsonage in J'ville
4. House in Weaver
5. Presently my old home place that I bought from my mama. Home sweet home!!

OK...Jennifer, Stacey, and Olya you've been tagged.


Below is a picture of Grace Fellowship Christian School. It is the best school ever I think. We are so excited about what will become of this small group as the years go by. Will we have a small half day school one day? Will we have missionaries, teachers, doctors, pastors, and faithful mamas come out of this group? These children are not only going to be a product of a generation of mamas and daddies who felt a calling to break away from the norm and teach their own children at home but also by a church who accepted the call to build a community with our children and the call to help train them in righteousness as well. Thank you to our faithful church who have helped us all to raise our children up in godliness. My prayer is that all these children will one day rise up and call their mothers blessed (and their daddies, elders, and church body as well).

All the children did a great job at the open house with all their presentations and their projects. I am already looking forward to the next one. This open house thing gives me so much accountability to do more than just basic school with my children. Ya'll pray for next year. We are going to be discussing a co-op program where some subjects or electives are taught corporately rather than at home. This is a big step for some of us so pray that we make good decisions.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

John said...

I am in a great co-op here in NC. I'll be glad to tell you how we do it, and even put you in touch with the 2 ladies who started it.
We love co-op!!!!

Stacey

Aimee said...

Loving your posts, keep em coming!