Thursday, May 29, 2008

I was RUNNIN'

I am Running!! Can you believe it? Well it is quite a sight to see. I really want to lose weight and get into shape. I have such a long way to go but I really want to . Melanie and I have been walking about 3 miles, 5 days a week for about 2 years. It is very enjoyable and we get our talking time in for the day while we are walking instead of on the phone. We walk at the church across the street from my house. It is in the middle of the most beautiful field and is surrounded by the most perfect landscaping. They also have a playground and trails running all through the woods which makes it a fun time for all the children as well. Although we love our walking, we realize that it is just not enough, espicially when we slow down because we get involved in a good conversation. So, we have decided to start running. We are starting very slow but we are determined. We are running 1 lap and walking 2. We will keep increasing the running little by little until we can run for 30 min. straight. Sounds like a good plan right? Well I an huffing and puffing after 1 min. Right now I think the most we are accomplishing is a good laugh for all my neighbors. It all ends with a bang when we start stretching. Can you imagine looking out your kitchen window bright and early in the morning, hoping to see the sun rising over a beautiful pasture only to see mine and Melanie's bottoms stuck up in the air as we stretch our legs. Well I am going to keep it up. I have lost 2 lbs and I feel great. We hope to run in a 5K at some point. I don't know if we will be able run it all but we will try.

4 comments:

Olya said...

Wow! You are an insipiration to me. Adam has become a runner and really loves it. Way to go, Alicia! Awesome!

Abigail Grace said...

We have not done much running this week. We have let our busyness take over. We need to get back on it! I can't let you get in shape without me!

Lisa

Abigail Grace said...

Sorry, I'm signed in under Abby's name right now!

Jessica said...

You guys inspired to kick my walk time up a knotch by running...so I did ....2 blisters and a lot of jiggling body parts later I am still running (well sort of) Make it 1 lap but hey must start somewhere right???
Keep it up my friend and who cares what everyone thinks